Pages

Thursday 23 July 2020

Reading Week 1 Term 3

Hello bloggers, this blog will be about my reading task for this week. The task was to create a word bank with sentences from a story that we read.  You will see that I am using the Fantastics. Here is my sentences.

Feeling
Macbeth feels the breath catch in his chest.
Asking
Sarah opens the door and throws her arms around her husband. “You come with news?” she asks. 
Noticing
By the weak glow of the fire, Macbeth sees bone-white skin and dark hair; scowling faces hidden by midnight cloaks.
Touching
A shovel leans heavily on his shoulder, a pan burrows into his back... and for all that, Macbeth has nothing to show for it.
Action
John Macbeth bows his head to the storm and follows the path of the creek back to the camp.
Smelling
Hastily, she gathered up the flowers; the fresh scent of daffodils invaded her space. She breathed.
Tasting
She decided to collect some and crouched low to get a closer glimpse of the ripest ones, she tasted a few. The burst of fruitiness was tart with a sweet aftermath and she was very pleased with her find. 
Imagining
But Macbeth knows his wife says what he already imagines – a golden round, a king.
Checking
It was quickly revealed that the wonderful gift was a coat designed in a cape-like shape in the most dynamic, remarkable colour the girl had ever seen.

Thanks for coming to my blog and have you read the story of Hurley Burly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.