Pages

Thursday 21 March 2019

Swimming Lessons Week 2

After the first week of swimming they started to lower the floor of the pool from 1.4 meters to 2.0 meters. After learning breaststroke last week we started doing full lengths of breaststroke. On the third to last day of swimming we did water safety.

On the bus we had year 1 and 2 buddies so we went with them in the deep pool with life jackets on. It was horrible getting the life jackets on because we reuse the ones that were just used so they were freezing but the little kids just put on the cold ones like they were warm. Then we had to jump in first then the swimming coaches picked up the little kids and gently put them in the water. Then we survival backstroke and swam half of the pool length. Then we linked up by our hands and learnt how to stay warm at sea. Then we swam normal backstroke and normal freestyle for half a length each.

After that we tried to touch the bottom of the pool with our life jackets on and with some help of my friend Christopher, he pushed me down and just touched the bottom with the bottom of my feet. And after that it was time to get out! On thursday and friday I was at a school cricket tournament witch I'll tell you about next time!

Have You ever been on a boat that has flipped?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.