Pages

Sunday 11 August 2019

Stanford University Online Course

Hi guys and welcome back to my blog. This blog will be about a maths course from Stanford Uni. There were six different lessons that was in the course. If we got 80% or higher we passed and got a certificate. Before I show you my certificate i'll tell you about each level. As the levels were about different things about maths the first one was "Knocking down myths about maths". The first thing was to watch a video explaining what the whole course is about and about the first lesson. After the video there was a pre-course servery to see your maths knowledge. After that it just goes to a video and then a place where you put your main points that you have taken away from the video or you select one of the answers to a question. The second lesson was about maths and mindsets. At the end of all of the videos I took away that when you have a growth mindset you can achieve really high. The third lesson was about Mistakes and Speed. After the videos I took away that it's good to make mistakes and it's good to be slow at maths because even the best mathematicians go slow to work out problems. The fourth lesson is on Number Flexibility, Mathematical Reasoning, and Connections. After this lesson I took away that maths is all connected and not loosely related questions. The fifth lesson was about Number patterns and Representations. After this I took away that in maths you don't need to Remember lots of things but you need to Understand somethings. The last lesson was about Math in life, Nature and Work. As this was the last lesson it had a lot more videos in it than all of the other lessons. I took away that nature uses maths like when a spider makes a web. It follows a maths pattern. Here is my certificate.
Sorry about the text size at the bottom but all it says is the ID of the participant will not be show and that the participant is NOT going to be going straight into Stanford Uni Immediately. Over all I got 91% and I'm very pleased with myself. Thanks for coming to my blog and have you done an online course before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.