Pages

Wednesday 17 July 2019

Violet Walrond

Hi guys! On this blog I'll be telling you about a book that I've been reading called Violet Walrond. If you don't know who she is she was an Olympic swimmer born on the 27 of February 1905 in Auckland NZ. What we did was we had a look at the title, images and subtitles as clues as to what would happen in the story. We used a website called padlet to put our predictions next to each other. Next we Started to build a prediction puzzle with our initial predictions. We then looked for more clues to confirm or deny our predictions. I found it really cool to find out more about a NZ athlete and how she got into swimming. I thought that the prediction puzzle was an enjoyable and different way to learn. Thanks for coming to my blog and have you done something like this about an NZ athlete?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.